Rajasthan is the largest state of India and is one of the most traveled destinations due to its rich heritage and mesmerizing landscape attractions. Most of the state is covered by the Thar desert; however, several other distinctive attractions make this place unique and worth exploring. You can not only witness majestic forts but also explore deserts and wildlife visiting Rajasthan. If you wish to experience Royalty, culture, breathtaking landscape, and vibrant and stunning architecture on your one visit, then Rajasthan must be on your travel bucket list. You can refer to the most popular places to visit in Rajasthan given below to avoid skipping any of the famous spots.
1. Amer Fort and Palace: Amer Fort tops the tourist spot in Rajasthan's list due to its stunning artistic architecture. This place is situated in the Amer district of Rajasthan, which is merely 11 km from Jaipur. This is the most visited place in Rajasthan for its beautiful architecture. Travelers can successfully witness both Rajput and Mughal architecture at this place.
Location: Amer Fort is situated beside Jaigarh Fort on the Aravali range of Hills, Amer Rajasthan.
2. Desert of Rajasthan: When we talk about Rajasthan, the first thing that crosses our minds is the desert. This state is covered by the Thar desert. Travelers can explore different desert dites from Pushkar to Jaisalmer. They can spend their day while enjoying camel rides and jeep safaris.
3. Hawa Mahal: Hawa Mahal, also popularly known as the Palace of Wind, is one of the most traveled destinations in Jaipur City of Rajasthan. This beautiful palace is made with Red and pink sandstone. The architecture of this place attracts many tourists and hence becomes one of the most explored destinations. This landmark is curved in a pyramid-shaped structure.
Location: It is situated in J.D.A market besties Badi Chopad, Jaipur Rajasthan.
4. Udaipur City Palace: Udaipur City Palace is a delight to witness. Travelers can get an idea of Rich Rajasthani culture by visiting the Udaipur city palace complex. Travelers can explore museums that consist of royal artifacts and can spend time with their loved ones at lakesides. This palace captivates visitors with its charismatic landscape and historic grandeur.
Location: This palace is situated near Lake Pichola in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
5. Fort of Chittorgarh: Chittorgarh Fort is one of the largest fort in India. This is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. This fort was the capital of Mewar and, in the present day is situated in Chittorgarh city of Rajasthan. This place is home to temples, towers, palaces, and water bodies.
6. Patrika Gate: Patrika Gate has gained huge popularity due to its artistic spirit. This vibrant gateway situated in Jaipur provides entrance to the Jawahar Circle Park. It is one of the most photographic and Instagrammable spots in Jaipur. For the last few years this place has also gained huge popularity of video shoots.
7. Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve: Those travelers who love wildlife can make a visit to Ranthambhore on their next trip to Rajasthan. They can enjoy a jungle safari and visit Ganesh temple situated at the hilltop of Ranthambhore-fort, which is located in the Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan. The national park is home to tigers, leopards, and crocodiles.
8. Albert Hall Museum: Jaipur is the state capital of Rajasthan and holds a number of travel destinations that must definitely be explored by travelers. If you are planning a trip to Rajasthan, then you must always explore the Albert Hall museum situated in Jaipur.
9. Sariska Tiger Reserve, Alwar: Sariska Tiger Reserve is a national park situated in the Aravalli hills of Rajasthan. This is heaven for wildlife enthusiasts. You can witness grasslands and forests. Also, you can try your luck sighting the Royal Bengal Tiger. Apart from this, you can also explore Siliserh Lake or Pandupole Temple, which holds ancient values.
10. Bhangarh Fort: Bhangarh is also one of the most traveled destinations in Rajasthan due to mysterious facts linked to this place. This is one of the most haunted destinations in India. If you are someone who enjoys discovering haunted sites, then you must travel to this place, but make sure that you select daytime to visit as the fort area is closed in the evening.
The western part of Rajasthan is covered by the Thar desert. If you wish to experience wild vegetation and witness desert dunes, then you can travel to any of the following destinations:
Travelers who want to explore the enchanting sights of Rajasthan must always Consider the best time to visit this place as most part of this state is covered with desert hence, extreme climatic conditions are observed throughout the year.
The best time to visit Rajasthan is during Winter, usually from October to February. The days are pleasant for exploring different tourist spots.
Conclusion: All the major tourist attractions of Rajasthan are curated in the above section. The information presented covers all the Places to Visit in Rajasthan, along with their locations. You can elevate your travel experience by taking the best time into consideration. Also, When you are traveling to Rajasthan, do not forget to satisfy your tastebuds with mouthwatering authentic dishes.
Travel Related Query? Ask the Experts+1-802-341-3403