How do I cancel my flight with Lufthansa Airlines?
- + Add reviews
29 Sep, 2020How do I cancel my flight with jetblue Airlines?
28 Sep, 2020How do I cancel my flight with Spirit Airlines?
25 Sep, 2020How to Cancel Flight on American Airlines
25 Sep, 2020How to Change my Flight with Lufthansa
24 Sep, 2020How do I cancel my flight with Lufthansa Airlines?
23 Sep, 2020How to Change Your Flight on Turkish Airlines? Here?s Everything You Need to Know About
27 Nov, 2019Adventure on the budget and cover miles!
23 Oct, 2019Pack Precise to adventure more and travel light!
Hand Picked Deals
Find our low price to destinations worldwide.
Search, select and save - the fastest way to book your trip.
24/7 Customer Care
Get award-winning service and special deals by calling +1(888)266-1699
A detailed guide on how to cancel reservations booked with Lufthansa Airlines
Well, there was a time when cancelling reservations was considered as a hectic task. However, with every passing year, the cancellation procedures and policies were modified to make it easier for the travelers to easily manage their booked flight ticket and claim a refund for the same.
How can one cancel reservations booked with Lufthansa Airlines?
Besides, for the passengers who have booked reservations with Lufthansa Airlines have any queries regarding the cancellation procedure and policy. So, to help them out, here in this article, they will be offered with the complete details on Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy and the cancellation procedure of the airline. Moreover, if required the passenger can feel free to reach out to the reservation department of the airline.
Key pointers of cancellation policy of Lufthansa:
- As per the cancellation policy of the airline, the passengers are permitted to cancel their booking 24 hours before the departure of the flight.
- However, the cancellation and refund for the reservation will be dependent on the fare type purchased by the passenger.
- For the flight tickets that are cancelled online, they can claim a refund free of charge and in full amount using the online refund form.
- Besides, the reservations that are not purchased by the airline office or official website can be cancelled online.
- However, in case of claiming a refund, the passenger is required to contact the reservation department.
Updates in the Lufthansa policy for cancellation due to COVID-19
As per the recent update in Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy, the passengers who have purchased flight tickets until 15th May 2020, they can convert their ticket to flight value voucher. Further, for the reservations that are converted into vouchers by 31st August 2020, they will be offered with a discount voucher of 50 euros. Moreover, the airline has even offered passengers with a flexible rebooking option.
Procedure to cancel bookings with Lufthansa Airlines
Keeping the certain pointers of Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy in mind, here are the steps that one can follow to cancel their bookings and claim a refund for the same.
- For cancelling the reservations online, the passenger needs to visit the airline website.
- Further, click on the My Booking tab and login to the account to view the trip summary.
- Once logged in, the passenger will be provided with the details of the reservations that can be cancelled.
- Now, the user needs to click on the cancel option present next to the particular flight ticket.
- After that, the passenger is required to confirm the same and proceed.
- Then, the passenger will be offered with a cancellation confirmation email,and the refund is transferred to the original payment source.
Thus, this was the complete information on Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy and procedure that can help to easily manage their booking with the airline. Besides, for the passengers who have queries regarding the cancellation procedure or policy pointers, they can feel free to contact the reservation department of the airline and seek required help over a phone call or live chat to cancel their reservation.