How to Cancel Flight on American Airlines
- + Add reviews
29 Sep, 2020How do I cancel my flight with jetblue Airlines?
28 Sep, 2020How do I cancel my flight with Spirit Airlines?
25 Sep, 2020How to Cancel Flight on American Airlines
25 Sep, 2020How to Change my Flight with Lufthansa
24 Sep, 2020How do I cancel my flight with Lufthansa Airlines?
23 Sep, 2020How to Change Your Flight on Turkish Airlines? Here?s Everything You Need to Know About
27 Nov, 2019Adventure on the budget and cover miles!
23 Oct, 2019Pack Precise to adventure more and travel light!
Hand Picked Deals
Find our low price to destinations worldwide.
Search, select and save - the fastest way to book your trip.
24/7 Customer Care
Get award-winning service and special deals by calling +1(888)266-1699
Get details about the process and policy of cancellation in American Airlines
In American Airlines, the passengers are facilitated with all the services, which can make their journey easy and hassle-free. For the convenience of passengers, various policies are there are in American Airlines. One such policy is the cancellation policy in American Airlines. This policy comes into the role when you have a confirmed booking with the airline, which you wish to cancel. So, before cancelling your booking with American Airlines, you must be aware of its conditions. Here in this article, you will find all the info about ticket cancellation.
Process of ticket cancellation
If your travel plan has changed and you are no longer flying with American Airlines, you have the option to cancel your booking. For the cancellation of the ticket, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Browse the homepage of the American Airlines website.
- Click on the option of My Trips to start with the cancellation.
- You need to provide the first and last name of the passenger along with the confirmation code, to retrieve the itinerary.
- With correct info, your itinerary will prompt on your screen.
- On your itinerary, you will see a cancel button.
- When you click it, there will be a confirmation pop-up.
- You must remember that if it is processed, you cannot stop it or reverse the action.
- Once you confirm it, your cancellation request is processed.
- The cancellation of the ticket might involve cancellation charges. You need to refer to the cancellation policy for this.
- The cancellation fee is calculated according to the fare rules and various other factors in the airline.
- Finally, when your booking is cancelled, you be notified about the same through an email.
In this way, you can cancel your booking in a few steps.
Cancellation policy in American Airlines
To cancel the booking with American Airlines, all you need is to have complete info about the cancellation policy. The important terms of American Airlines Cancellation Policy are defined below:
- If you don't want to pay any cancellation charges, you must cancel your cancel booking any time before 24 hours of purchase.
- After this duration of 24 hours, you will be entitled to pay an amount as the cancellation charges.
- This policy of 24-hour will only work when the departure time is at least one week or more.
- To calculate the charges involved in cancellation, the airline uses its predefined fare rules.
- While calculating the cancellation fees, several factors are considered, such as fare type of the ticket, time left for the departure, the distance between the departure and arrival cities, etc.
- If the cancellation is done by the airlines, then the conditions of the cancellation policy will vary.
So, while cancelling the booking, you must remember all these points for a hassle-free cancellation.
To get more info on the cancellation or other services offered by the airline, you can contact the representatives in American Airlines customer service. You have the option to use the contact page on the American Airlines website and further, get in touch with the executives for assistance. The customer support team is available 24x7 for your assistance related to any of the American Airlines services. The support team is available through call, email and live chat options.